As an orthodontist, I have the privilege of changing peoples’ lives for the better, allowing patients to have more confidence to reach for their dreams. Our patients have made a commitment to want to change their smiles, so I have made a commitment to provide the highest quality treatment and experience possible. Truly, in what other profession can you see the fantastic changes that a person goes through in a positive way? I get great satisfaction in being a part of that transformation. My work is fun!
I’ve put together an amazing orthodontic team, who truly bring out the best in me. More importantly, though, is that they bring out the best in our patients. They are committed to each patient having an amazing experience and enjoy creating that while maintaining the highest levels of professional care. Our practice is always filled with laughter, as team members and our patients trade jokes and share stories. We are always smiling and that’s a very good thing.
Education and continuing education
- University of Alabama in Birmingham, Doctorate of Dental Medicine
- University of Alabama in Birmingham Hospital, general practice residency
- University of Alabama in Birmingham Hospital, advanced education in general dentistry
- University of Alabama in Birmingham School of Public Health, Master’s in public health
- University of Pennsylvania, Orthodontic Residency and Master of Science in oral biology
Each year I actively pursue continuing education courses through seminars, lectures, and conferences. The rapid changes in technology, and treatment processes and options, mean that I must keep abreast of new developments in order to provide the best care available to my patients.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Alabama Dental Association
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Dental School Alumni Association
- Alabama 3rd District Dental Society
I am an Alabama native, having grown up in Huntsville. My wife, Dr. Kristen Crowder, who is a pediatric dentist, and our three children, Mason, Riley, and Brooklyn, now call Dothan our home. Our family is rounded out by a wonderful Weimaraner, named Lilly. My family is very important to me, so anything that they want to do, I’m up for. We love traveling together, and I enjoy golfing, playing tennis, and skiing. I also keep busy coaching. That gives me the opportunity to be a positive influence on a young person’s life.
Something that not everyone knows about me? Cheesecake. I’m a sucker for it, plain and simple.